Our Senior School is made up of three stage based academies, catering to the specific learning and development needs of boys through their schooling.
Our Junior Academy, for Year 7 and 8 boys, introduces boys to secondary school, instilling good learning habits. The new Knox Junior Academy and Performing Arts Centre opened in May 2019.
JUNIOR ACADEMY PHILOSOPHY
- To help each student develop a deep connection to all aspects of Senior School life with their peers.
- To promote the development of supportive and meaningful relationships between students, parents, teachers, coaches and mentors.
- To help students develop their sense of personal identity and character formation.
- To enable each Year 7 and Year 8 boy to engage and flourish within a comprehensive academic and co-curricular program.
KEY FEATURES OF THE JUNIOR ACADEMY
- A wide-ranging ‘Transition to School Program’ which supports students as they adjust and engage in all aspects of Senior School life.
- An experienced, professional and supportive staff team led by the Head of Academy and the Director of Studies to nurture within the boys a culture of academic excellence.
- Technology-rich classrooms with committed staff delivering inspiring, challenging and accessible learning for 21st century students.
- Provision of a comprehensive mentor program based on the fundamental principles of the ‘Knox Total Fitness’ model which promotes a growth mindset.
- A professional team dedicated to the tracking of all students’ academic progress with the provision for intervention support where needs are identified.